Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Notorious BIG- Going Back to Cali


Artist: Notorious BIG
Title: Going Back to Cali
Album: Life after Death
Record Label: Bad Boy Records
Catalog Number: 73011
Year Released: 1997

This song brings a unique edge to the feud in my opinion. As Biggie sings that he is going back to Cali for the weather, woman, and the nice sess associated with California living, he states that “If I got to choose a coast I got to choose the East, I live out there, so don't go there”. Biggie hypes up many aspects associated California, yet at the same time is “Thinkin I'm gon stop, givin L.A. props, All I got is beef with those that violate me, I shall annihilate thee." This song was added because of the significance it had by exacerbating the existing beef between the hip hop worlds with such lyrics as the one above. Ironically, as Biggie was promoting this album in California he was shot down and killed.

Listen to the song through this link

No comments:

Post a Comment